Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas madness...already?

Yesterday in the mail I received this:

Now I know it looks innocuous, but to a mother of a six year old it states danger if opened by said six year old. I quickly concealed it between the seat and the center console of the car thinking that I could dispose of it later.
Well I didn't dispose of it while I had the chance and today old Eagle Eye spied the catalog and asked, "What's this, mom?"
I was caught. "Oh that," I said innocently. "Just a Lego catalog."
"What!!" he cried. He began pouring through each page asking what each set was named and promptly saying, "Ooo that is what I want for Christmas," after each item was scoured.
Not that I am a scrooge, but I really didn't want him to find the catalog. I knew the items he would want were far out of our price range, and I didn't want to disappoint the poor guy. "If only I had disposed of the catalog yesterday while he was at school," I kept saying to myself.
After he combed the catalog several times he came up with the mother of all presents to ask for, a Death Star from Star Wars. Not that it isn't cool, but the price made me close to pass out...a mere $399.99.
Quite the wish list in the making. Now how do I break it to him that Santa doesn't have that in his budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment