Saturday, November 13, 2010

exercise?!?

The other morning I was out for my walk with my friend and two year old son. It was frigid, all of 34 degrees, and we could see our breath. We were layered and my son sat bundled in his stroller as we power walked our way down the sidewalk. We were just about working up a sweat and had began to feel warm when we heard a horn beep at us. Now I have to say, usually we ignore the horns of passerby's mostly because they are men trying to pick up on us. (as if the stroller with a baby in it didn't give you a clue, we are not interested.) So we continued walking as the horn kept beeping at us. "Gee, they really never give up, do they," I thought.
Well out of the corner of my eye I saw the over-sized passenger van slowing and I realized it was the local bus beeping to get our attention. She pulled over and opened the door and asked, "Do you ladies need a ride?"
We looked at each other quizzically and back to her and replied, "Oh, no thank you, we are out exercising."
She gave us the most perplexed look as she drove away. I guess in our little town exercising still hasn't quite caught on, especially in 34 degree weather.

1 comment: