Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cost of Raising a Child

Cost of Raising a Child

I read this article and have to agree, it doesn't have to cost a fortune to raise a child. We are on a limited budget while my husband finishes grad school, and have learned many ways to save money. In addition to buying in bulk and making your own snack bags, you can eliminate many low nutritional items. Who said that children need crackers and juice for a snack every day. Most of the so called snack foods are a gimmick just to get you to buy. If you read the labels most are full of high fructose corn syrup and other garbage that I cannot even pronounce. I would rather put some nutrition into my child's snack foods and some money in my wallet. Most of our snacks consist of cheese, fruit, or vegetables. Who says children need expensive pre-packaged food. Not me for one. And for the record juice boxes are a waste...high sugar, high calorie, and high waste, that is in garbage and money.

1 comment:

  1. oh, I've been there....and yes, I agree......I had a hard time buying individual bags of anything......it's too easy to buy a normal size bag and make our own individual bags. How much longer will he be in grad school? We were there for six years, and it was a great time in our lives!!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete