Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not quite the "INFORAMTION" I was looking for

Looking for work is a pain, sorting through job postings, or lack thereof, posting resumes, hoping that someone will have the notion to look up the name on the paper.

Well we are in the thick of this process as my husband nears graduation. We are less than two months away from graduation, and our prospects are about the same as when we began...zero. Well maybe not quite that bad, but it definitely feels that way.

And to make matters worse, I opened the resume my husband has been sending out and using for the past two years. I know I have looked at it before, but somehow a big fat typo was facing me in bold giant print. My husband spelled INFORMATION: INFORAMTION. Really?!? I couldn't believe I was looking at the resume, THE resume that he had been using all this time. Was this the same resume that I so blindly sent to 40 people hoping that someone would pick it up and think wow this is the guy that we need to add to our illustrious organization? No, it couldn't be, but alas as we looked through the records it was the self-same resume that I had zipped off across the country via email.

So what did we do when we discovered the blunder of the century. We laughed, we laughed until we cried. What else could we do?

Here's hoping that our mistake has been overlooked, as we had both done for the past two years.
Curse Microsoft for not spell-checking all caps

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like more than a fair share of lemons has been sent your way. You are a marvel to keep smiling through it all. I am new here, but through all your problems you've kept a lovely space for your readers to visit. I'll be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete