Wednesday, August 17, 2011

IVF #4

As you can see I have been MIA... This summer has been INSANE, like nothing else. So what do I do to make it even worse?...I decided that it would be the perfect time to do another round of IVF. Crazy, I know, but it just seemed right. And amazingly enough it hasn't been beyond doable, in fact I have felt at peace with it despite our slightly (who am I kidding) extremely stressful summer. I only had a freak out moment yesterday, one day before the transfer occurred. But luckily this morning as I sat in the sterile transfer room I felt peace unlike any other. Maybe that was the Valium, but I was at peace long before the doctor handed me the goods. Now I need to back up a little and share the news that we got when the doctor came in to show us our little Blasts. Now this doctor has talked with us in the past, that we could do a single transfer due to my size, so imagine my shock when I saw three little bubbles. I asked incredulously are there three? He explained that two were of marginal quality. One was good, one fair, and one Ok. He left the room to let us make a decision. We talked, and ultimately we prayed, our decision was to implant all three. I don't believe it will result in triplets, the odds are very small, but I didn't want to take away a possible chance at a baby. All went well, and now I rest and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment